Building a “bricks and mortar” business can be challenging enough – but building an online business can be just plain daunting and, at times, the learning curve can feel damn near insurmountable. Having a coach/mentor to guide you through this process (of which building the website is only a very small part) can be a very worthwhile investment. Melinda, the MD of WebCare, can tailor a coaching program to suit your needs – whether it is for a single session just to get you started, a one hour phone call a week, or a two hour planning and review session once a month – she can design a program to suit you.
Melinda has been teaching and coaching people in internet marketing since 2005 and has 20 years of experience in operating internet businesses. She currently owns and operates three internet businesses (WebCare, an ecommerce store and a holiday rental business that does all its marketing and bookings online). She can work with you on a 1:1 basis through each of the steps as you build your new online business. Key activities might be:
- How do you check if there is a market for the products or services you want to sell?
- Who is your primary market?
- How do you find people in that market?
- What type of website will best suit your business?
- What payment system should you use?
- How do you get traffic to your website?
- How do you set up a Google Adwords campaign?
- How do you optimise your website for search engines?
- What sort of email marketing should you do?
- What social media platforms are best suited to your business?
- How do you monitor your website statistics?
- How do you use Google Analytics?
- How do you track your website’s conversion rates?
- How do you recruit virtual staff?
- How do you train and manage virtual staff?
- How do you scale up your business?
- Do you need to register a business name or start a company? Do you need to charge GST?
Melinda coaches by phone or Skype, so no matter where you are, she can work with you. The rate is $110 per hour (ex GST). She may be persuaded to do a face to face session though it is hard to extract her from the Fleurieu. You can suggest visiting her on the coast and trying to bribe her with excellent red wine. She may even be persuaded to put on real clothes (instead of her standard attire of running gear!). Give her a call on 1300 656 902 for an initial chat.