This session will help you get your site up and running very quickly using WPD.
To start you need:
- wordpress direct account
- a domain name
- a web hosting account that is hosting that domain name
- your category keywords
- A brief (30 word) description
Set Up WordPress Direct
- Login to your account at www.wpdirect.com
- Click on “Install New Site”
- Select a template and click “install to new site”
- Enter your domain name and FTP hosting account details.
- Enter your website account settings.
- Skip the autoincome maker software setup (you do not need this now). But tick the boxes for “Text” and “Video”.
- Change the default password to something else.
- Skip Adsense and Analytics for now.
- Click on “Install Website”.
Load Content (this will be covered in next video)
- Click on “Manage Posts”
- Copy and paste your content straight in from Market Samurai (the post you edited yesterday!)
The first page of your site should now be visible!
Add Your Brief Description
Go to “Website Settings’ and paste or write in your “Brief Description”. This description is what will appear in Google results – so you want your keywords in the text for the description.